Faculty Development Cell
It is hereby notified that as per the resolution adopted in the Governing Body Meeting of 19th December 2021, The Faculty Development Cell of the college has been reconstituted with effect from the date of notification till further notice. It includes the following members:
Chairperson – Dr. Subhabrata Gangopadhyay (ex-officio)
|Name of Members||Designation||Responsibility|
|1. Ms. Paramita Chakravarty (Commerce)
2. Ms. Sonal Kapur (English)
|Coordinators||1. Convene meetings regularly.
2. Ensure maintenance of updated minutes and circulation of action taken report on a monthly basis and get it signed by the Head of the Institution.
3. Submit quarterly reports to the IQAC.
4. Consider proposals for to conceptualise and execute the holding of atleast two faculty development programmes during the session.
5. Maintaining records of participation, feedback, and updated reports.
|1.Dr. Pinki Saha Sardar (Chemistry)
2. Mr. Sayan Roy (B.Com)
3. Dr. Kasturi Mukherjee (Bengali)
4. Ms. Dyuti Chattejee (Economics)
5. Mr. Soumyajit Chandra (English)
6. Ms. Barnasree Chatterjee (B.Com)
7. Dr. Utsa Das (Electronics)
|Members||1. To assist the coordinators in contacting resource persons and making all arrangements for the courses.
2. To assist in keeping updated data and reports.
Objectives of the committee
The Faculty Development Cell of The Bhawanipur Education Society College was formed in 2014. The committee was created to:
- Orient the faculty to the institution’s objectives and vision.
- Develop individual faculty as educators, researchers and administrators.
- To promote outcome-based education.
- Identify learning objectives and improve the efficiency of curriculum delivery.
- Introduce innovative teaching methodology by using modern technology.
Achievements of the Committee in 2019-2020
The committee deliberated on effective methods of faculty development, like organising workshops for technology-based teaching and introducing subject-specific faculty development programmes.
It was observed by the committee that online education is becoming increasingly central to higher education. Institutions need to adapt new methods of pedagogy in the face of growing technological advancements, to remain viable in the long run.
Plans were made to organise workshops on the use of MOOCs, blended forms of teaching and the use of latest technology in curriculum delivery. Due to the pressure of semester-based teaching and frequent examinations, the workshops were planned in May 2020. But they could not be held due to country-wide lockdown in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The committee proposes to organise online faculty development programmes on the following areas:
- Advanced features of Google Classroom.
- Streaming of lectures.
- Google Chrome extensions.
- Teaching through online boards.
- Designing video lectures with in-built assessment mechanisms.
- Use of open-source tools for the creation of e-content, including generic video creation software for recording, minor editing and screen capturing.
Number of Meetings held July 2019-June 2020: Two (2)
Dates: 4.7.2019; 18.4.2020
Minutes of Meetings: Maintained